At Tiger Pediatrics, we are your child’s medical home.
A “Medical Home” means that you will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals, working with you, to optimize your health goals using the best evidence-based medicine, education, and resources available. We strive to empower you to take responsibility for your health by giving you the self-management support that you need to succeed. We want your family to see Tiger Pediatrics as your child’s home for everything medical: every ear infection, every worry (either the child’s or the parent’s), and every immunization. We want to help you find the best solutions to both acute and chronic illnesses, and we want to help you prevent illnesses from occurring. Our mission is to see all children and teens in Mid Missouri thrive. We believe that a strong “medical home” philosophy is critical to accomplishing this goal.
As your primary care provider/team we will:
- Learn about you, your family, life situation, and health goals and preferences. We will remember these and your health history every time you seek care and suggest treatments that make sense for you.
- Take care of any short-term illness, long-term chronic disease, and your all-around well being.
- Keep you up-to-date on all your vaccines and preventative screening tests.
- Connect you with other members of your care team (specialists, health coaches, etc) and coordinate your care with them as your health needs change.
- Be available to you after hours for your urgent needs.
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly with you so you understand your conditions and all of your options.
- Listen to your questions and feelings. We will respond promptly to you – and your calls – in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decisions for your care.
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your condition and stay healthy.
- Help you understand your insurance options should you be uninsured.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your care.
- When you join our practice you provide us with a complete medical history and inform us if you obtained care outside of the practice.
- Come to each visit with any updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you are using, and with any questions you may have.
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
- Understand your health condition and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
- Work with us to develop and follow a plan that is best for your health. If you have obstacles to this plan please discuss these fully with us.
- Take medication as prescribed.
- Contact us after hours only if your issue cannot wait until the next workday.
- If possible contact us before going to the emergency room so someone who knows
your medical history can care for you.
- Agree that all health care providers in my care team will receive all information related to your healthcare.
- Learn about your health insurance coverage from your insurer, or contact our billing specialists if you have additional questions about your benefits.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.
Primary care physicians and health plans often employ Case Management techniques to improve the health status of specific disease processes. These management plans often involve written care plans that allow the physician and family/patient to collaborate to develop personal goals and help the family understand resources that may help them thrive despite adverse circumstances.
Thank you for your cooperation! If you have any questions in regards to our policies or about being a medical home, please ask your pediatrician, nurse, or receptionist.