How do I establish my child’s care at Tiger Pediatrics?

Simply call our office at 573-777-7627 and tell us you would like to transfer your child’s care to Tiger Pediatrics. We will get all the needed information from you and set up your first appointment if your child is due for a well check. If you are about to have a baby, all you will need to do is notify the hospital of which pediatrician you’ve chosen. If your baby is born at Boone Hospital Center, we will see your newborn in the hospital. If you are delivering your baby at another facility, you can call us before you are discharged and set up your first follow up appointment.

My child is sick. How do I get an appointment?

Call our office and request an appointment with your child’s doctor. We have appointments available every day for children who need to be seen for illness. If your child’s doctor is unavailable that day, there will be another provider available who has immediate access to your child’s medical record.

How do I get urgent medical advice for my child after hours?

During business hours, call our clinic and speak with your physician’s nurse. For issues that can’t wait until business hours, call our nurse triage line at 866-399-5941. These nurses can provide helpful advice to get you through until our office opens for appointments, or direct you to an urgent care or emergency room if indicated by your child’s symptoms.

If I need to have my child seen after hours, where should I go?

Our South Providence location has same day sick appointment visits available on weekday evenings and weekends. Check out our “Locations” page under “Contact Us” above.

If your child requires immediate care when our clinic is not open, please go to University Hospital Children’s ER at One Hospital Drive in Columbia MO. We believe the pediatricians and pediatric ER physicians available there can provide optimal care in an emergency when Tiger Pediatric providers are not available.

How do I get my child’s prescription refilled?

Call our office and ask to speak to a staff member about getting a prescription refilled. Most of our prescribing is done electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. An exception may be stimulant medications used to treat ADHD; these often need to be hand-written and picked up from our office, or sent by mail if you can give us an advance notice of needing the refill. Your doctor’s nurse will let you know if your child needs to be seen in the office prior to us providing a refill of a particular medication.

How can I get a copy of my child’s vaccine record?

You can ask for a copy of your child’s vaccine record in person at any of our office locations. This is a free service. If it’s needed urgently, our nurses have the ability to send you a copy by email.

How can I get a copy of my child’s medical record?

You may also request a copy of your child’s medical records (in part or in whole) in person at any of our office locations or access your child’s vaccine record through our patient portal. See the link for My Kid’s Chart at the bottom of the page. The fee for this is $20 per request and 50 cents per page.